There are many reasons why people want to become an entrepreneur, some of the reasons could be because they want financial freedom, or they need to spend more time with their family and friends. According to the dictionary, an entrepreneur is someone that organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
An entrepreneur bears many responsibilities especially if the business is just starting out, he or she will have to take on the profit or the losses of the business. People admire other people that own their business, that is why when you search online today you will see many adverts or articles out there that encourages you to start your own business, either online or offline. There are many benefits when you have your own business compared to when you are working for someone else, some of the reasons for being an entrepreneur is as followings;
4 Reasons to be an Entrepreneur
- You are your own boss: That word being your own boss is a big dream for some of us, there is nothing like you working for yourself, you answer to no one except yourself. All your lives you have said yes sir or yes ma’am to someone else, you cannot say your mind, or do how you want because the job you are in have their own policies and it is a rule for you to follow their policy if you want to retain your job.
- You are in charge of your destiny: When you become an entrepreneur, you take charge of your destiny, you do what you love as a career not what you see as a career.
- Financial Freedom: You can make millions of dollars as a business owner, but you can’t make millions of dollars as an employee. Business ownership gives you the opportunity to have the financial freedom you dream of.
- More time for family: If you have little ones you will want to spend as much time with them as possible, you want to be there for them either for school activities or fun.
The above is just a few of the reasons why you want to become an entrepreneur, among the good reasons people have wrong ideas about an entrepreneur. They believe that if they have their own business everything will fall into shape, what they don’t understand is that when you are in business by yourself you carry so many responsibilities. They believe that if they have their own business they have the whole time in the world to do whatever they want to do, but most times things don’t go that way.
Truth About Being an Entrepreneur
- It is your own business you run it the way you want it. You have the privilege to organize your business the way you want it, you can decide to have a partner, employees, or do whatever you like with it. It is your business you have the right to what you do or don’t do.
- You do A LOT of work especially as you are just starting out. Please don’t have a belief that when you have your own business you don’t have to work. The type of work you will be doing will be more than your 9-5 job, you are the boss, and as a business person that is just starting out, you will wear so many hats. If you don’t do it, nobody else will.
- You might not have the time you craze for your family and friends at the initial stage. Every successful entrepreneur spends more time on their business, they don’t just do the normal 40 hours per week, they spend more time growing their business at the early stage in other to put things in place. As the business grows they can now delegate assignment to others.
- You learn a lot. If you are afraid of learning or you don’t want to learn, then there is no point in being an entrepreneur. The one reason for learning as you are growing your business is because as you are starting out you master every department in your business, if a future employee decided to be slobby doing his or her job, then you can walk them out and do the job yourself until you find a replacement. You don’t want to be in a business where you don’t know how or what to do.
- You MIGHT not be able to pay yourself for the first 2 years of your business. As a small business owner money factor might be an issue, everybody must be paid first before you pay yourself, and when that happens don’t let that discourage you from moving on in your business.
It takes a lot to become an entrepreneur, but the sacrifice of being your own boss is worth it if you are in the right business and you know what you are doing. Sign up for a FREE Start Home Care Manual HERE.